Sunday, May 04, 2008

Stories are very fun to write. Here goes...

Intoduction

The phone rang... the phone rang again... the phone rang a third time. Chester moaned loudly when he rolled over to pick it up. He turned the light that was on his nightstand to low as he picked up the reciever.
"Hello?" he said tentatively, looking at the clock... "3:20 am" he thought to himself.
there was only silence coming from the other end. "Hello?" chester said again.
"Chester??" came a panicked voice from the other end.
"Yes? Who is this?"
" It's Marie, I'm in trouble I need your help now!"
"What's going on?" asked Chester becoming more alarmed.
There was no answer, only the sound of footprints being made rapidly. "MARIE!" he screamed loudly. Hanging up the phone and throwing on some clothes chester prepared to go out into the lonely night to search for his troubled friend. He grabbed his coat out of the closet and checked his snub nosed revolver before rushing down the flight of stairs to the front door and dissapearing into the black of night.

10 comments:

Martha said...

Is this what you were writing when Dad said you needed to get off the computer? How will I ever find out what happened to MARIE? Was chester able to help her? Oh my goodness! I won't sleep for the suspense!!!

Anonymous said...

I think if your dad is telling you to get off the computer...but you can write stuff like this...that you should have your own computer and stay at it all the time...or get a typewriter...hopefully one of these days I'll be able to say I'm related to the famous author Josiah Teal...then I'll hit you up for money ;-)

Martha said...

I agree with Annie. Keep writing, Joe, and remember, your mom will need someone to care for her in her old age.

Joe Fool said...

I usually don't write this kind of story, but I decided to give it a shot... unfortunately I didn't get to proof read this before I had to hit publish, but I suppose you get the general idea of what it was supposed to be.

Martha said...

I think it was a great start!

Bethany said...

Snorflank!

Which in German means "Good work. Keep it coming."

Rachel said...

Great beginning! More please!

Anonymous said...

What happens in the end?! What is happening to poor, poor Marie? Will Chester come to her aid in time? Will I ever know?! Please write a sequel or something!

Joe Fool said...

When I have some extra time to kill I'll do a follow up.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Joe, continue the story.