Monday, December 18, 2006

High Speed Chase on 104

On Friday Dec. 15, 2006, at approximately 4:15 pm. I was at work cooking haddock when a NYS Police Trooper pulled in the parking lot. Of course this wasn't very unusual by itself, however, Mr Trooper stepped out of his patrol car and began talking with a man in a white sedan, which was slightly more unusaul. Soon I was distracted from being distracted by the police officer, and began to focus on cooking food (a good thing I suppose). About 1 minute later Brianna came rushing in from the dining room screaming something about a car hitting a tree. I looked up and saw that the white sedan and the police car wre gone and in place of them were tire tracks leading from the parking lot and into the lawn and over a small tree. The tracks continued over the lawn and then disappeared onto 104. I knew then that there was a high speed chase underway that would most likely end in an accident. About every three minutes a police vehicle would go flying by the restaurant eastward after the vehicle. I later learned that the chase had ended about 2-3 miles from orbakers right near Reed Eye Center in sodus. From what I could gather the white car had sideswiped a couple other vehicles before flying over the edge of the road and over some nasty bumps. Joel informed me today that he learned from the Wayne County Times that the car had been stolen in webster. I still haven't been able to find any articles about it on the internet site.

THE END

10 comments:

Bethany said...

Wow! That's an exciting blog! I didn't even hear about that one... We'll have to check the Wayne Co. Times later.

Joe Fool said...

Yeah, I did find the article after I posted that post. It's on the misslelanyiss arrests page.

Martha said...

Naughty boys who attempt to steal gasoline make bigger news. The car chase sounds like a real Headscratcher to me!

Rachel said...

What I want to know is, does the rightful owner of the vehicle get it back "fixed" or does the insurance company cover a new vehicle for the same as what that one was worth? The vehicle will never be the same as it was prior to being stolen (most likely).

Anonymous said...

Check your last post. You have another comment.

Anonymous said...

oops. Check your last post. You have another comment

Joe Fool said...

sweet car dude.

Mitch VanDenBerghe said...

yeah i know LPF broke up, i've known since september, but nate asked me not to really post on the web about it. Jeremy hasn't talked to any of them since their last show on july 27th and mike came home, proposed to his girlfriend, they aren't married yet. James and Nate are staying in Cali, Nate works from either a management firm or a record lable, i forget which.

Joe Fool said...

Yeah, I thought I might have messed up in saying that Mike was married, but by the time I thought about it, it was too late.

So You knew Nate? I worked with him for about 5 or 6 months before he left for cali. I still work with his brother, Joel and sister, Brianna. I never met any of the other band members though.

Mitch VanDenBerghe said...

yeah, I know Nate, I followed LastPageFirst around from 2002 until they left for Cali. When Nate came home in September I went to see him at Joel's show. I didn't know that Joel and Brianna worked at Orbakers, I knew Nate did.

Mitch