Saturday, August 09, 2008

Random Writing... (again)

There was a day when all seemed hopeless, but that day has finally gone away.
There was a day when all seemed lost, but now it has been found again.
I used to wallow in self pity, now I have been brought to life.
When darkness used to overtake me and I couldn't see the light.

Never again will I wander alone through the dark corridors of my deepest fears.
I now have been given a second chance and that was the answer to prayerful years.


Yeah, I just randomly wrote that in like, 1 minute... with no previous thought.

So I don't exactly know what all that means but maybe it's significant somehow... or maybe it's just a bunch of nonsensical gibberish. That's what can happen when I let my mind wander I guess.

How about a random story now? Might as well, I'm on a random roll.

The escapades of Douglas R. Houghton are as follows,
Douglas was an important member of one of the states leading science teams when it all began....

There he was out on a research vessel in the middle of the Indian ocean when suddenly, the fiercest storm erupted out of thin air and sent the craft to pitching and rolling like mad. The radio operator was desperately trying to call for help from the other research vessels in the area but he was not managing to get through to any of them. Doug was out on the deck when all of this was taking place and was occupied with trying to keep his footing when he was knocked unconscious by a stray oar from one of the lifeboats. This of course left him in quite a predicament because he could no longer concentrate on trying to keep his footing and was left to rolling along the deck at the mercy of the violent tempest.

What happened next was truly extraordinary but unfortunately I can't think of what it is at the moment and am forced (by my own will) to wait and conclude/continue the adventure on my next post. I hope I can manage to keep myself interested long enough to finish a story this time, but we will see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you're whacked.

I like the poem in the first as I have some discouragement with music at the moment. Can't seem to... yeah exactly... I don't have anything left in my head to write or play and I have no time to think or sing and such. I am getting desperate and spent a few minutes upstairs today brainstorming for ways to arrange the word "la" in different notes to make a melody. Oh well... someday the Lord will give me something new. For now Max is writing the songs.

Bethany said...

blah,blah blah. I licked you poem.