Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hopes and Aspirations

After learning that my good friend Josiah Slocum has some writing talent of his own, we have decided to write a series of short books/stories for all to enjoy and for us to enjoy writing. I am hoping that this doesn't turn into anther one of our many failed endeavors (such as making short movies... we still don't have a camera for that), and I also hope that we can both find some spare time to come up with fantastic ideas and good characters.

Some of Joe's writing here:

"as the sun grew hotter and the flowers scent filled the air i look towards the sky and..."

"with a look of mischief between 2 friends and the imminant departing that soon would follow."

"as winter approaches one must reflect on a summer of fun and new memories as well as the possibility of the sunburn that i prolly had gotten.lol."

So that's just a sample of the writing style of Slocum, it's a little different than mine, but that's what makes it so that the combination of our writing techniques will be the awesomest thing ever!

_________________________________________________________________

So I re-started writing a screenplay for a story that's been floating around in my head for the last few months and I'm hoping that it turns out super spectacular... oh it will, it will. Anyway, I found out that one of the hardest parts is writing the personalities of my characters out on paper... well, virtual paper. In my head, I know what all of their various personalities are like, but trying to write them out is a challenge as I have to describe things that they do ei: hobbies, quirks, favorite foods, as well as ages, names (wich is hard for a sci-fi/fantasy story), hair color, and clothing preferances.
All the little details in between major plot points is also a tricky thing. I had always thought of only the big picture of the story and not as much about the fillers, but the pace needs to slow down sometime, otherwise the audience will get overwhelmed.

Anyway, that's all for now, I'll catch up on other blogingtons now, so peace out everyone!

P.S. Happy birthday to Bethany!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sounds interesting!