Saturday, September 12, 2009

URGENT WARNING: Internet Purge Immenent!

So just as I was signing into blogger I realized that I really didn't have anything that I wanted to say. Now I feel like just signing out and saying "forget it, I'm too empty-headed and frustrated to post anything today." And if that wasn't enough, there is also the fact that nobody will read this anyway! Why bother writing things that nobody will read? Maybe writing is just therapy for me, maybe it's a way to organize my thoughts. I really don't know for sure, but for some reason I just keep on typing nonsense into cyberspace, overcrowding the internet with a lot of useless junk.

That brings me to something worth speculating about. So what if ten years from now, it is almost impossible to find what you are looking for on the internet due to overcrowding information? Say you look up "Toyota Corolla" and instead of finding a nice review written by a professional, you find a whole lot of nonsense written by little kids about Toyota Corolla's crashing next door, or stupid stuff like that. This is a very real threat ladies and gentlemen, someday the internet might need to be wiped clean of all nonsensical and non-nonsensical information for the good of mankind. All blogs and YouTube videos that are not immediately beneficial for humankind will be purged from cyberspace... I wonder if that is even possible. Too bad Nobody will read this, so my warning will go unnoticed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some one read it - feel better? No one reads my blog either, but I like going back in time just to see where my head was at. Think of it as a time capsule for your thoughts - weird and wild as they may be! They are entertaining to say the least. Someday you may have a newspaper column!

Martha said...

Can you hear me now?

Deletion of my blogwork? How unthinkable! I must be sure to preserve it for posterity.

Bethany said...

I read Ann's blog, but today it is gone. :(

Weird thought Joe... I hope they don't throw out my blog!

Priscilla said...

I read it. Interesting.

James Austin said...

Did you know there are people who get paid to make sure their client's business information isn't lost in the ever-expanding vastness of the Internet? It's called "Search Engine Optimization" and it's becoming a big business, as important as other forms of advertising.

Here's something else as well... Google tracks your searches (if you stay signed in) and delivers information it thinks you would be looking for. If you are not signed in, it delivers whatever most people click on at the top, unless it's a paid ad. So the searches stay relevant and you can find well-reasoned reviews on Toyota Corollas on the first page of results.