Saturday, December 13, 2008

Another Beginning Never to be Finished

My head was spinning. I could no longer tell what was happening around me. The chaos was just too much for my mind to take in. Everything went dark.

I woke up in a white room, surrounded by men in coats rushing to and fro above me. I was laying on my back on a white mattress with an IV in my arm. "What happened?" I wondered to myself. The time was unknown to me and I had no idea how long I had been unconscious. One of the men noticed I was awake and rushed to my side.

"Sir," he began, "can you tell me what happened?"

I looked up at him slowly, my eyes blinded by the lights above me. I said nothing, I just stared. I still was trying to make sense of it all. I didn't even know where I was, how was I to know what happened?

"Sir, can you hear me?" the man continued. "If you can hear me, blink your eyes."

I tried to understand what he was talking about, but it was hard. I finally managed to blink my eyes twice. The man repeated his first question, "Sir, can you tell me what happened?"

Another man came to his side and looked intently at my face. He must have seen the confusion in my eyes because he told the first man to let me rest and ask me again later to see if I was more aware of what was happening. Both men left and I was left to wonder what they were talking about. "Why couldn't I remember anything? Why were they so interested anyway? Where was I?" My thought echoed deep within me, and I hoped, or did I fear that I should remember them soon.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

What happened? A very interesting peek into the mind of an amnesiac.

Martha said...

He's leaving us in suspense once again...