Saturday, December 06, 2008

Probably No Good

This is probably a bunch of nonsense... but I wrote it in 10 minutes last night.

My mind is bleeding from the overwhelming senses / how can it be I am left so defenseless?/ These thoughts that invade me with all the wrong timing / this pain that pervades and infects and is binding / slowly begin to succumb to the feeling / of being so lonely at times so revealing / Numbed to the insults and lies that surround me / my every effort to love it is drowning.

Climbing up mountains but falling back down / all of the while never leaving the ground / Reaching up high / but being pulled lower / my fate it does seem is to be ever poorer /
My eyesight gone bad with my mind in a blur / Why can’t I seem to get out of this slur / of rejection and feeling that there’s nothing left / but to just sit and wonder if worse will come next.

I try to continue I’m met with defeat / why must this life be so filled with my grief /
Cornered at last and with nowhere to turn / I gaze heavenward and my heart starts to yearn / Why for so long did I not even see / what I was looking for was right in front of me / At last hope was grasped and life was renewed / and my soul was no longer twisted or skewed.

It still needs a few revisions....

3 comments:

Martha said...

This is good food for thought. So often it seems I am looking to someone or something other than the One I really need. And He was there all the time.

Martha said...

PS. Probably Good

Bethany said...

I like.